Friday, November 6, 2009

Still Life: Two Pears and an Apple

During last night's oil painting class, I was working on the "dreaded" pears, again. These pears are the bane of my existence, but they are helping me learn about form. Just need to work on it a lot more.

As you can tell, there's still a lot of work to do on it. I mainly worked on the center pear last night, and the next time, I'll extend it to the other pear, and possibly the apple. Although, I will probably work on the center pear again.

The main issue on the center pear is that the surface is too shiny. it looks too plastic. This was due to the overblending of the yellow texture. Although my instructor gave me tips/worked a bit on getting the darker area of the pear just right, I still had some issues. I think that the biggest issue is the drawing/shape of the pear. I think that will definitely have to be reworked.

Lots to do. However, if you don't tackle the problems that you are faced with, you'll never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment