Monday, July 5, 2010

Homework: July 5, 2010

This week's homework assignment dealt with reflective color. For the assignment, we had to take a white object and place it on a red table. The point is to paint the reflection of the red into the surrounding area.

This was my result. I'm actually pretty pleased with it. The boat and the kangaroo came out pretty well. The color palette looks good. I particularly like the reflection of the red into the boat and the inside of the boat. Definite dimensionality.

The part that I don't care for and were the hardest to do is the right leg (closest to you) and the rounded belly. The problem was that, in both cases, the light was so subtle that I couldn't figure out the shadows. In this situation, I remembered that I needed to create a more rounded object with a center highlight that fans out. It came out okay, but could use a little more work (once I figure out what to do).

No comments:

Post a Comment