Friday, December 24, 2010

Got a couple of hours?

This week, I'm on vacation from my full-time job. So, as part of my vacation, as usual, I decided to get some painting done. So, in the last four days, I was able to complete two paintings (16 x 20 and a 9 x 12).

The important part of this information is that I still painted during my usual times. In reality, each painting took about 5 or 6 hours to do, but I worked on them an hour or two every day. Usually, when I think about working on a painting, I think that I need to have about 4 or 5 hours to really paint. What this week, so far, has shown me is that an hour or two every day or every other day, I can still be incredibly productive and get more practice in.

This means that I watch TV less or just don't make excuses that I don't have time to paint. If this is a serious business, and it is, I need to focus more and produce a larger inventory and get my name out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment