Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Plein Air for 2011

Okay, it was absolutely gorgeous in Vermont today. The day was bright and sunny... and coooollllldddddd......

When I was driving home from setting up my nephew's computer for DSL, I saw this seen near my house. I decided that: "It's bright, it's sunny, and I would LOVE to paint that scene". So, I got home, rushed out to get my gear and then headed back to the spot (it's about 5 minute drive from my house).

As I started my setup, the wind was seriously kicking up in the field that I was working. However, I had my hoodie, hat and gear. I should be warm enough! Hah! No chance. Standing in a windy open field on a cold day is just asking for your hands to stop working. However, as you can see... here's my effort for the day. Took about 1-1/2 hours to paint. Later on, I'll post the basic procedures how I do my paintings and my setup.

No comments:

Post a Comment