Friday, May 20, 2011

Dragons and More Dragons


Dragons and more dragons. So, the Illustratioon Master Class is coming up in 3 weeks and I need to have a sketch of a scene with some dragons in it. The only problem is... I don't know how to draw dragons out of my head. So, I figure that, if I did a bunch of drawings of dragons from the internet, I could figure out the muscle structure and shapes to be able to create my own dragons (before the three weeks is up).

Here are my first two drawings. The first drawing is based on a painting by Boris Vallejo. I love his work and am very excited that he will be one of the instructors at the workshop. The second drawing is based on a picture that I found on the internet. I don't know who did it, but it represents a typical dragon pose/shape.

These were fun drawings to do and more will be on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment