Sunday, February 21, 2010

Portable TableTops

As I'm working on my still life setup, I realize that I really want some nice reflective table tops, rather than just fabric. However, I don't have any tables of the height that I needed.

So, decided to make my own "table-tops". My stand where I set up my still life is a 16" x 22" base that is approximately 4 feet high. I cut various pieces of old wood that I had into the base size. Now that the tops are covered, I can get small cans of various varnishes to cover each side of the boards.

Voila! I have multiple setups/reflections for my still lifes setups. If I'm in the mood for a darker top or different type, I just paint the other side of the table top. This is a cheap and easy way to get a different look for each painting.

Now onto painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment