Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Still Life: Flowers on Purple Table

Last night, I was able to finish my painting of the flowers in the white vase (started at last week's class with Karen Winslow). I'm extremely happy about the way that it turned out. I like the shapes of the flowers and the leaves. The colors are nice and vibrant and the composition seems to work well.

It was interesting that I thought that the painting looked good at my last session. However, when I went to work on it some more, I noticed that the table cloth was a lot darker than I had initially assumed. Also, there was a bit more dark reds in the table. The shadows in the leaves were also darker. So, I glazed over the areas to enhance the colors and formed the leaves better (adding touches of light and dark values, here and there).

So, this painting turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment