Saturday, June 26, 2010

Homework: June 26, 2010

As "homework" for my painting class, I needed to do some practice work with rounded objects. This was a vase that I found in a yard sale. Not too complex, but not too easy.

Well, there is a LOT to desire about the drawing, itself. The only thing that I can say about the drawing is that it looks like a vase. Outside of that... ick. The base is lopsided, the body is lopsided, etc.

However, the purpose of this exercise was to practice trying to get a rounded form. For that, I somewhat succeeded. I made sure that I used greys on the edges to have them fall back into the table/background. Also, I made sure that I linked my shadow areas and my light area with some reflections of the table added into the body of the vase. That seems to have semi-worked.

As noticeable, there's a lot of room for improvement, but this was a quick study.

No comments:

Post a Comment