Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Important Things

So, last night, I was getting set to work on my next landscape study. However, didn't get to it. My dog, Fizz (a two-year-old Bedlington Terrier puppy), has not been his usual jovial self for the last 4 days. Not eating that much. Not drinking much water. Not playing that much. Just wanting to sleep. So, my wife and I took him to the vet to see what's going on. Fortunately, nothing serious. He has a raging urinary tract infection. We got the medicine and he's mending out great.

So, as I was saying, last night, I headed over to the easel, got out the paints... and there was my little buddy... dragging his large stuffed bone over to me and just looking at me. Want to play? Of course, little Dude! So, we played tug for a while, then he went outside to play in the snow with his sister. After they came back in, figured, okay... I can now get some work done. So, I sat down on the couch to figure out what photo I wanted to study next (on my laptop).

Mr. Man (one of our nicknames for Fizz) is standing on the couch next to me, just looking at me. What? What do you want? Oh... my lap. So, I moved the laptop and he curled up on my lap and went to sleep. Now, I definitely couldn't get up. He hasn't wanted to do this for the last 4 days. So, I let him. No painting. Just hanging out on the couch with my bud.

I like to paint and I definitely need the practice. However, a sick dog who wants to just curl up with you and play with you, always trumps that.

No comments:

Post a Comment