Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fishies, Fishies... Where are the fishies?

What can you do when you are creative? You can have atypical fun. Actually, anybody can do this. However, being an artist who loves strong colors, this was REALLY REALLY fun. So, it's my sister-in-law's birthday last weekend and, as usual, I made another cake for her. This time, my wife saw an article in a Family Fun children's magazine, that my nephew gets, about how to make simple fish on cupcakes. They looked awesome!

So, we decided that that was the cake we were making this year. I took out my cake decorating kit, got some white frosting, M&M's, and candy fruit slices. I mixed up the correct hue (color) that I wanted and tinted it a bit with some black/white frosting to get the value that I wanted. Once the different frosting colors were set, it was time to decorate.

She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment