Sunday, March 21, 2010

After studying the drawing of Sucia Island, I've decided that it would be fun to do another large abstract - landscape painting. Been spending most of my time, lately, working on realistic still life studies and need a little break from them.

So, as my usual technique, I started playing around with the landscape drawing and changing it up a bit. I added features that I thought would be interesting and removed features that did not enhance the composition. For the abstract shapes, I've decided that the primary shape (rounded sphere in the center of the painting) would be the focal area.

Today, I laid out the basic color shapes and will post a picture of the general shapes soon. I'm not sure what evokes an emotion for me about this painting, but I'm sure that I will discover it as soon as I start the detailing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment