Friday, March 12, 2010

Plein Air Study: Lake and Mountains

Today, decided to go out and get some plein air work done. Haven't done it since last summer and the winter is finally working its way out of Vermont. Granted, the weather was about 40 degrees out there and after a couple of hours, was starting to get a chill.

This study was okay. Mainly I wanted to check out my setup and see if there was anything that was missing. For this study, I primarily focused on the mountains and sky just above them. They turned out okay. Not great, but not bad (one of the passers-by said that they liked the mountains).

I don't really care for the foreground or the island. I'll have to try it again someday. The interesting part for the day was dealing with a totally grey situation and all of the colors tended to be pretty muted.

No comments:

Post a Comment