Saturday, January 1, 2011

Still Life Study: Apple - Day 5

Another apple study: Day 5. So far, I've been pretty good about painting an apple a day (except for the day that I wasn't feeling well). The hard part is being able to get a good picture of the apple. To do this, I usually take the canvas outside and take the picture in shadow. However, it's tough when the days are too dark/cloudy or snowy.

But, it's another apple. This one was tougher due to the fore-shortening of the shape. It was hard to get the correct drawing done and I spent a lot of time "fiddling" with it. This just means that I need more practice drawing.

The other hard part of this painting was that the shadow side was facing me. This made it difficult to get a rounded area in the shadow side and still have it look dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment