Thursday, August 26, 2010

River Bank

Worked on my latest painting, last night. Now that I'm getting more comfortable doing the massing of the landscape on my small 9" x 12", I decided to up the size. This latest painting is on an 11" x 14" canvas. It's amazing how much farther back you have to stand to see the color changes. By the same token, it's easier to make some subtle adjustment to the painting.

As with some of my other landscape paintings, this was painted based on a plein air painting that I did. The colors actually came out pretty close to the original painting.

Overall, I like it. To finish up the painting, I've got to do some edge work on the river bank to make the water line work up into the soil. I also need to make the left-most tree more rounded. But, it's a matter of a couple of touches here and there. Nothing significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment