Monday, February 28, 2011


So, here's the newest painting that I'm working on. It's based on a still life that I setup in my living room. I was thinking that it was finished, but decided to let it percolate over night.

Glad that I did. It's amazing how, when you let a painting sit (or anything for that matter) for a little bit, ignore it, then when you come back to it, you see it with fresh new eyes.

In this case, I realized that there are two minor mistakes that I need to fix. The first one is that the center of the bottle isn't rounded. With that dark spot in the middle, it actually looks a bit dippled. The other part that I noticed is that the dark edge of the bottle is too sharp. This is due to not havening enough reflected light on it. Therefore, the bottle portion becomes flattened.

These are easily fixed problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment