Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Figure Study

Last night was my return to my Figure Drawing session at the Burlington City Arts. Every Monday night, they have a figure drawing drop-in that costs $8 and runs from 6:30 - 8:30. I haven't been there for about 3 years. However, since I've got a lot of figure work to do in the next 4 months, have to get the practice in.

It was good to be back at the old haunts. The only person that remembered me was the model. Nice to be remembered. There were about 10 artists there working on different mediums. So, went back to work with my water color pencils. I'm really getting to like this medium for studies.

The hardest part about the pencils is that, when you add too much water, the lines become blurred. I need to figure out a way to get the edges to be more distinct.

No comments:

Post a Comment