Monday, June 20, 2011

IMC: Day 4 (Tuesday)

Okay, well, things are starting to get a little tougher. Mainly (now that I can easily think about it) due to the fact that I'm getting more tired.

So, after getting some sleep (not much... about 2 hours... spent part of the time thinking about what I'm doing wrong with the color compositions), I had breakfast and headed into the studio to get more work done. Next lecture wasn't until 9:00, so I had about 2 hours to work. I started working on the new color compositions and fully realizing that I was starting to get farther and farther behind.


After getting the two basic color compositions done, I found Ian and asked him what he thought. He just gives me that smile and says "No...Better... but, no". Okay, now I'm still not getting it and realizing that the time is slipping away. The issue, that Ian says, is that I now have a less flattened painting, but I have a foreground/middle-ground and background or a foreground and middle-ground/background painting. So, next assignment: Do the same thing, but use only black, titanium white, yellow ochre and cadmium red.


So, back to the drawing board and more lectures to attend. I finally finished the third piece around 11:30 to midnight. Ian comes over and has this happy smile: "YES!!!!! That's exactly right! See that Foreground (Egg and Man), Middle-ground (Dragon) and background (sky). That's what I wanted you to see!".



So, feeling pretty good, I went to bed earlier that night... but, my mind was still reeling, so, got about 3 hours of sleep. Maybe tomorrow, I can actually start my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment