Monday, June 20, 2011

More Eyes

Yep... more practicing with eyes. They're not coming out too bad. The nice part of the practice is that I get more familiar with my line marks. Since I draw directly with the pen, rather than ink over pencil marks, I need to make sure that the line is the correct line. Once I get done with a total of 60 eyes (going to try to draw 3 eyes a day for the next 20 days), I can start the painting of them.

One of the important things that I learned from the Illustration Master Class was that you need to practice drawing, in addition to painting. They all affect one another. If you have an hour here or there, you have time to draw. The most successful artists spend a lot of their time working (drawing and painting). If I want to get to that level, I need to step up my game and work harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment